- GOLFTEC Enterprises, LLC
- GOLFTEC Canada Franchising, LLP
- GOLFTEC Canada ULC
- GOLFTEC Canada Holdings, Inc.
- GOLFTEC Franchising LLC
- GOLFTEC Franchise Services Inc.
- GOLFTEC Management LLC
- GDO GOLFTEC Inc.
Types of Personal Data Collected
While you use our Services, we may collect certain types of your Personal Data. We collect, and we have collected in the last 12 months, the following categories of Personal Data from Users.
There may be additional Personal Data that we may collect but is not reflected by any of the categories listed above. Such Personal Date includes information you provide us about your golf game and your golf equipment.
We collect those types of your Personal Data directly from you. Also, certain types of information may be collected automatically as explained below.
When you use the Websites and the Apps, certain usage data is collected automatically. Usage data may include your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the areas of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those areas, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information such as the type of mobile device you use, your location (to provide you with location specific information), mobile device unique ID, mobile device’s IP address, mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device.
Information collected while using the Apps
While using Our Apps, we may collect information about your location and pictures and other information from your device’s camera and photo library. We collect those this information with your prior permission. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through the Apps’ device settings menu. You can also enable or disable location services at any time through your device’s device settings.
Tracking technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your device when you go offline, while session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Websites and to enable you to use some of their features. They help to authenticate Users and prevent fraudulent use of Users’ Accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for may not be available, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Websites, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Websites.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
- Type:Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Third parties
- Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Websites and how Users use the Websites. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Websites. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features, or new functionality of the Websites to see how our Users react to them.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For other web browsers, please visit your web browser’s official website.
“Do Not Track” Policy
Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
- To provide and maintain our Services, including to create and manage your Accounts, monitor the usage of our Services, and provide you with more personalized experience.
- To process your requests and questions.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- GOLFTEC represents the world’s greatest collection of information on the mechanics of the golf swing. Your Personal Data may be used in aggregate with other Users’ data for analysis to gain further insights into the mechanics of the game of golf.
- To analyze, develop and improve our Services.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contracts for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about goods, services and events which we or our business partners offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business, or to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services.
- To protect the personal safety of Users or the public.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, or as required by or to comply with applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To protect and defend the rights for property of GOLFTEC or protect against legal liability.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- As otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We may share your Personal Data by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose, but we do not sell your Personal Data.
In the last 12 months, we have disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
- With Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with Service Providers to provide services, monitor and analyze the use of our Services, to contact you, or to process your payments
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another person or entity or any other type of corporate reorganization.
- With Affiliates: We share your Personal Data with GOLFTEC Group entities.
- With other Users: when you share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other Users, such information may be viewed by all Users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other Users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and descriptions of Your activity. Similarly, other Users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Joint Use of your Personal Data among GOLFTEC Group and Franchisees
As we share and use the above categories of your Personal Data together with GOLFTEC Group entities and Franchisees for the purposes described above, GOLFTEC Enterprises, LLC is responsible for their use of your Personal Data.
GOLFTEC Enterprises, LLC
Joe Assell, CEO
67 Inverness Drive East, Suite A, Englewood CO
We use Service Providers in connection with provision of our Services.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of our Services. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Email Marketing
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, through Your GOLFTEC Clubhouse Account preferences or by contacting us. We may use certain email marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
- Payment Services
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your Personal Data is governed by their respective privacy policies. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information. Depending on your location, these payment processors may include one of the following:
- Authorize.net (United States)
- Moneris (Canada)
- Global Payments Direct (Hong Kong)
- Wirecard (Singapore)
- Bank of China (China)
- Authorize.net (United States)
- Facebook Insights
We use the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Pages in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about our Users. For this purpose, Facebook places a Cookie on the device of the user visiting our Facebook Pages. Each Cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period. Facebook receives, records and processes the information stored in the Cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Pages and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
We retain you Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in “Use of Your Personal Data” section.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, and we have taken steps beyond what is legally required to keep your Personal Data safe. However, please understand that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Services may contain content appropriate for children under the age of 13. As a parent or legal guardian (as used in this section, “parents”), you should know that through the Services children under the age of 13 may participate in activities that involve the collection or use of Personal Data. We use reasonable efforts to ensure that before we collect any Personal Data from a child, the child’s parent receives notice of and consents to our privacy practices.
We also may limit how we collect, use, and store some of Personal Data of Users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means that we will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Services to these Users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
We ask Users to or during the first lesson. If the User is under the age of 18, the Service will be either blocked or redirected to a parental consent process.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children, but we may collect and store persistent identifiers such as Cookies or IP addresses from children without parental consent as they use our Services.
Parents who have already given us permission to collect and use their children’s Personal Data can, at any time:
- Review or correct the child’s Personal Data
- Request all of the child’s Personal Data to be deleted from our systems. However, since the Personal Data collected is necessary for us to provide our Services, this will mandate we close your child’s Account with us.
These can be accomplished in the GOLFTEC Clubhouse account for the child (accessible via the parent’s Account), or you can contact us (please see “How to Contact Us” section)
Your rights regarding your Personal Data
- The right to know Your Personal Data
The right to know the Personal Data we have collected, used and/or disclosed on you in the previous 12 months. Whenever made possible, you can access your Personal Data directly within your GOLFTEC Clubhouse account settings section.If you are unable to perform this action yourself, please contact us to assist you. We will disclose and deliver categories and/or specific pieces of your Personal Data that we have collected, used and/or disclosed, free of charge, but to the extent such disclosure is required under the applicable law.
- The right to request correction of your Personal Data that we hold
You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. In many instances, you can enact these updates in your GOLFTEC Clubhouse account or you can request changes be made by contacting us.
- The right to request deletion of Your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to delete or remove all of your Personal Data. Since the Personal Data collected is necessary for us to provide our Service to you, this will mandate We close Your account with us.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to be free from discrimination by us as a result of the exercise of your rights under this section.
- The right to withdraw Your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent regarding use of Your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the Services.
Exercise of your right and verification
Before we respond to your request to know, correct or delete your Personal Data, we may request you to verify your identity, which process may include submission of your Personal Data such as the data that you have registered on your Account and/or a copy of your government-issued identification document.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days. We try to substantively respond to a verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know, correct or delete your Personal Data. To designate an agent for these purposes:
- You must provide us with a copy of a written and signed power of attorney given to your authorized agent; and
- You must verify your own identity directly with us.
- North American Toll Free: 877.4.GOLFTEC (877.446.5383)
- Global Headquarters: +1 303.379.6668
- Online Privacy Inquiries: https://www.golftec.com/privacy
- Global Privacy Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail:
GOLFTEC Enterprises, LLC
Attn: Global Privacy Office
67 Inverness Drive East, Suite A
Englewood CO, 80112 USA
“Account” means a unique account created for you to access our Services.
“Apps” means the software programs provided by GOLFTEC, which are downloadable on your electronic devices, including GOLFTEC Clubhouse App.
“Do Not Track” or “DNT” means a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user.
“Facebook Pages” means public profile pages created by GOLFTEC or Franchisees on the Facebook social network.
“GOLFTEC”, “we”, “our” and “us” mean the companies listed in “Who We Are” section.
“GOLFTEC Group” means the group of the companies defined as GOLFTEC and Golf Digest Online Inc.
“Personal Data” means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Personal Data includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
“Services” means the services we provide to you, including golf lessons, fitting and other services we provide at our centers or online, and our Websites and Apps and online services provided on those Websites and Apps.
“sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a user’s Personal Data to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of us. Service Providers may be employed by us to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on behalf of us, to perform services related to the Services or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used.
“Third-party Social Media Service” means any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to access some content created by GOLFTEC.
“User” or “you” means the individual accessing or using the Services, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which the individual is accessing or using the Services.
“Websites” means the GOLFTEC website and the GOLFTEC Clubhouse website. Localized versions of these websites are accessible at:
- US/Canada Englishf
- Canada French
- Hong Kong